Juvéderm Injectables Gainesville FL
If you're considering Juvéderm Injectables Gainesville Fl, contact Dr. Poser's office to find out more about the procedure. However, it's best to get some basic information about Juvéderm before your appointment so you'll be prepared to undergo this outpatient cosmetic treatment.
One of the first things to keep in mind is that skin ages as you age. This means that, over time, the volume and elasticity of the skin will reduce, making it easier for wrinkles to form. Juvéderm is designed to prevent excessive wrinkles from forming on your complexion. The substance has been approved by the FDA, and is a dermal filler that offers a youthful appearance without a facelift. Juvéderm is a smooth gel that restores the volume of your skin right away to get rid of folds and wrinkles. The treatment is particularly effective for smile lines around the mouth.
Juvéderm: Safe & Natural Treatment
Juvéderm is made from hyaluronic aicd. This substance is naturally found in the skin to keep the complexion hydrated and maintain the firmness of the skin. The gel is injected into the skin to provide a look that is natural and smooth. You'll likely get compliments from family and friends, even though they may not be exactly sure what you've done to improve your look. Studies have even shown that Juvéderm is more effective than another dermal filler that is collagen-based. Nearly 90% of the people who volunteered for the study and received both Juvéderm injections and injections of another dermal filler preferred the results Juvéderm provides. The filler is also the first approved by the FDA to be safe for all skin colors.
Juvéderm is also biodegradable and is not animal-based. Dr. Poser will use a very fine needle to inject the filler. You'll begin to see results within minutes. Areas of the face that need more volume, such as the space between the nose and mouth, the cheeks and the lips can also be effectively treated with Juvéderm. You'll notice a fuller pout and higher cheekbones after receiving the injections. However, it's important to keep in mind that repeat treatments are needed to maintain the look you want.
In addition to Juvéderm, you can also talk to the cosmetic surgery team about injectable fillers that soften the folds of the face and eliminate wrinkles. Fat injections are a popular and safe lip enhancement procedure. The doctor will discuss each of the options with you in detail when you arrive for your initial Juvéderm Gainesville FL consultation.
Although Juvéderm injections are an outpatient procedure, it's important to know that bruising can appear on the face for a week or two after the treatment. Be sure to plan your social events around your injections so you can look your best. A week before you're scheduled to receive Juvéderm, it's best to avoid alcohol and green tea, as these tend to dry the skin. Aspirin and fish oils should also be avoided, since these substances can increase the likelihood of bruising and prolong healing time. Makeup or concealer will usually hide the bruises adequately until they heal.
JUVÉDERM® XC Important Information
Indication JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION CONTRAINDICATIONS JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel should not be used in patients who have severe allergies, marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies, and should not be used in patients with a history of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins or lidocaine.
- JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel must not be injected into blood vessels and shouldnot be used in vascular-rich areas. Use in these areas, such as glabella and nose, has resulted in cases of vascular embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia or infarction, or blindness. Symptoms of vessel occlusion and embolization include pain that is disproportionate to the procedure or remote to the injection site, immediate blanching extending beyond the injected area, and color changes that reflect ischemic tissue such as a dusky or reticular appearance
- Product use at specific sites in which an active inflammatory process (skin eruptions such as cysts, pimples, rashes, or hives) or infection is present should be deferred until the underlying process has been controlled
- The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of anatomic regions other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established
- As with all transcutaneous procedures, dermal filler implantation carries a risk of infection. Follow standard precautions associated with injectable materials
- The safety for use during pregnancy and in breastfeeding females has not been established
- The safety for use in patients under 18 years has not been established
- The safety in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation, hypertrophic scarring, and pigmentation disorders has not been studied
- JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel should be used with caution in patients onimmunosuppressive therapy
- Patients who are using products that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and warfarin) may experience increased bruising or bleeding at treatment sites
- Patients should be limited to 20 mL of JUVÉDERM® XC per 60 kg (130 lbs) bodymass per year. The safety of injecting greater amounts has not been established
ADVERSE EVENTS The most commonly reported side effects are temporary injection-site redness, swelling, pain/tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, lasting 7 days or less. To report a problem with JUVÉDERM® XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261. For more information, please see the About Safety page at www.juvederm.com orcall the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.